Welcome, welcome, welcome…
My name is Katie and I am a Speech-Language Pathologist completing my Clinical Fellowship in Alaska.
This is me …
So why should you read my blog? Let me break it down into 5 simple reasons:
- Get updates on helpful Pre-SLP (#slp2b) related ideas and tips when applying to SLP graduate school or while you are in the thick of it.
- I share review and share potential uses for apps as a tool in speech therapy with an eye for evidence! Check them out!
- I live in Alaska. Check in on me so I don’t freeze or forget what daylight looks like. Many thanks to you all.
- Read amusing stories about SLP Graduate school and my Clinical Fellowship journey. Whether you are in the same boat or riding the waves of SLP-CCC, I have a feeling we have much in common.
- At the end of the day, we are all still learning and growing…so let’s do it together so we don’t all feel like a big glass of nectar-thick, luke-warm water. (Eww)
I try to update no more than 5 times a month so your Inbox won’t be bedazzled with “SLP_Echo” email-blasts every day. Trust me with your choice to follow…I won’t break the trust bond we now have. *Pinky Promise*
Don’t be afraid to connect with me via social media or email. I have received many emails from future SLP grad student asking for me to read letters of intent – Those are my FAVORITE! I love to read and help critique till it’s polished. I also love hearing from people with questions about moving to Alaska and working as an SLP. It’s been quite the adventure and if you want to have a similar experience – EMAIL ME. Scroll down a little further and let’s chat!
Here is a peek at my favorite picture for Speech-Language Pathology that I created over on “SLP_Echo Photos“