I noticed #SinceWeBeingHonest is trending today on Twitter. Beyond the use of auxiliary ”be”, I find it interesting so many people were compelled to share something honestly.
I think I will join the #SinceWeBeingHonest bandwagon with some #SLPeep truthiness:
#SinceWeBeingHonest SLP grad school is not as easy or as difficult as I imagined
- I imagined I would be neck-deep in books 24/7 and speaking SLP jargon like a crazy person
- Turns out I’m only knee-deep in books/internet 3 hours a day 4 days a week. With a job, extras, and friends on the side to keep it manageable
- Dysphagia, Aural Rehabilitation, Voice Disorders, Language and Literacy —so much to learn and know for life.
- You can really do some damage if you don’t know what your are doing and how all this info works on real-life patients
- It really was important to know all the muscles of the head, neck and face #duh