Welcome, welcome, welcome…
My name is Katie and I am a Speech-Language Pathologist (CCC-SLP) working for the Mat-Su Borough School district in Wasilla, Alaska. I moved here in July 2013 and never plan on leaving.
This is me and where I live, the Mat-Su Valley …
So why should you read my blog? Let me break it down into 5 simple reasons:
- I live and work in Alaska but I was born and raised in Georgia. I’m pretty adventurous and crazy, yet love this profession.
- Check out comments and posts on SLP graduate school and Clinical Fellowship questions.
- Read amusing stories about SLP Graduate school, my Clinical Fellowship journey, and now through the journey of SLP. Whether you are in the same boat or riding the waves of CCC-SLP, I have a feeling we have much in common.
- ASHA isn’t writing about the real, day-to-day craziness of graduate school, clinical fellowships, or SLP work…so keep me accountable so we can keep them accountable. #RealTalk
- At the end of the day, we are all still learning and growing…so let’s do it together so we don’t all feel like a big glass of nectar-thick, luke-warm water. (Eww)
I try to update no more than 5 times a month so your Inbox won’t be bedazzled with “SLP_Echo” email-blasts every day. Trust me with your choice to follow…I won’t break the trust bond we now have. *Pinky Promise*
Don’t be afraid to connect with me via social media or email. I have received many emails from future SLP grad students asking for me to read letters of intent – Those are my FAVORITE! Just be warned…I am not great at responding during the school year – busy as always! I love to read and help critique till it’s polished. I also love hearing from people with questions about moving to Alaska and working as an SLP. It’s been quite the adventure and if you want to have a similar experience – EMAIL ME. Scroll down a little further and let’s chat!
I receive several emails a day, so please forgive any delay – work keeps me busy, but you, my lovely readers, keep me sane.