Welcome, welcome, welcome…
My name is Katie and I am a Speech-Language Pathologist working in a Kindergarten, First and Second grade Alaskan elementary school.
This is me and where I live, the Mat-Su Valley …
So why should you read my blog? Let me break it down into 5 simple reasons:
- I live and work in Alaska but I was born and raised in Georgia. I’m pretty adventurous and crazy, yet love this profession.
- Check out comments and posts on SLP graduate school and Clinical Fellowship questions.
- Read amusing stories about SLP Graduate school and my Clinical Fellowship journey. Whether you are in the same boat or riding the waves of CCC-SLP, I have a feeling we have much in common.
- ASHA isn’t writing about the real, day-to-day craziness of graduate school, clinical fellowships, or SLP work…so keep me accountable so we can keep them accountable. #RealTalk
- At the end of the day, we are all still learning and growing…so let’s do it together so we don’t all feel like a big glass of nectar-thick, luke-warm water. (Eww)
I try to update no more than 5 times a month so your Inbox won’t be bedazzled with “SLP_Echo” email-blasts every day. Trust me with your choice to follow…I won’t break the trust bond we now have. *Pinky Promise*
Don’t be afraid to connect with me via social media or email. I have received many emails from future SLP grad student asking for me to read letters of intent – Those are my FAVORITE! I love to read and help critique till it’s polished. I also love hearing from people with questions about moving to Alaska and working as an SLP. It’s been quite the adventure and if you want to have a similar experience – EMAIL ME. Scroll down a little further and let’s chat!